1. Akshardham at Delhi.
- This is one of the biggest and most intricate religious place of worship ever constructed. Combining several completely different and contrasting architectural style of Hindu temple architecture of northern India, the Akshardham monument is entirely constructed in marble and the pink-sandstone without steel.
- It was completed in only 5 years, a world record of sorts.
- It consists of 234 ornately carved pillars, 9 ornate domes, 20 quadrangles shikhars, a spectacular Gajendra Pith and 20,000 murtis and statues of India’s great sadhus, devotees, acharyas and divine personalities.
- The monument is a fusion of several architectural style of pink stone and pure white marble. Pink stone symbolizes bhakti in eternal place.
- The monument was built after over 300 million man hours of services rendered by 11000 volunteers, and artisans. It is the one of the wonders of the modern world, as well as modern India.